October 26, 2008

Sky Mall

We flew home to Arizona for a visit this past week. Annie flew in before me so I had a chance to fly all by myself with no kids to deal with. Ergo...peruse Sky Mall.

I can basically divide items in Sky Mall into two categories.

1. Ridiculous, overpriced, items that I deem retarded.
2. Ridiculous, overpriced, items that I must have.

The cool:

Almost anything electronic, or robotic, and remote controlled can be added to your list of Christmas gifts for Rob. Now may be a good time to create your list if need be. Go on...get some paper.

I see lots of these visors that play your videos in big screen size. Very cool idea, I must try one of these some day.

Robotic vacuum cleaner. Hell yeah, sign me up.

There are like 10,000 accessories for your iPod, they don't work with anything else, just an iPod. Does everyone have an iPod? I do...but does everyone?!? Who cares, I could use a floating, waterproof set of iPod speakers for my pool, or currently, my bath tub.

A 4-in-1 game table. Foosball, billiards, poker, and air hockey. Now you're thinkin!

The brownie pan that makes every piece an edge piece...genius.

A putter with a laser guide. It won't help but for some reason I must have it. I mean, it has a laser!


The dumb:

Successories- inspirational, motivational, and cheesy sayings combined with beautiful photography of wolves, eagles, and landscapes. Maybe you disagree with me, but I do not find these inspirational, I find them sappy, annoying, mostly because of the $120+ price.

A $900 replica of Kind Tut's throne. Who in the heck would buy that? Really, Who?!

Flip the page, and you find Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Batman memorabilia. If any readers have purchased any of these items, I don't really feel bad about calling you a geek wad. Lucius Malfoy's walking stick? Harry's wand? A Da Vinci code Cryptex? All $100 or more. Wow...I don't know what to say...Wow.

There are so many products, some cool, most useless, and all overpriced. But they trap you at 33,000 feet and I start to feel like I need these things. A Pogo Stick made for World Champions. I mean, this is the pogo stick the professionals use. All 3 of them compete every year, and this is their pogo stick of choice. Gotta have it.

P.S. Never ever buy your kid a pogo stick, it's a dental trauma waiting to happen. Been here 4 months, seen 3 pogo related traumas.

4 comments:

Keri said...

I don't know what you mean, I have that walking stick and the wand! Ha, ha. I am jealous that you got to go to AZ and the reunion.

Melinda said...

So, you don't like successories . . . try these :

http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I bought Dad the brownie edge pan - does that make me cool?
I'm with ya on the weird successories - but if you really want to see some weird stuff, look into the bazaar world of plastic canvis needle art....you would not believe what people with stitch up and display. It truly fascinates me.
We miss you...

Danielle said...

I too am jealous you went to the reunion.

And I've seen that brownie edge pan. It'd be cooler if I liked the edges of brownies.