I know you've all been thinking that you wish you could get to know me better! Well, here's more information than you ever wanted.
1. I look like somebody to everybody. I get this all the time, "you look just like my (insert friend, brother, buddy from high school, second cousin, whatever)." I tried to warn Annie when we were engaged, but it didn't take long for her to see it for herself. Now she just answer's for me, "He gets that all the time."
2. I HATE wasps, bees, and any form of flying, stinging bug. I wouldn't say it's actually a full blown phobia because I don't flail about and scream like a little girl, but it's close. Only the flailing. I've never actually been stung, but ever since I was a kid I would always over react when these come around. I think it is partly to do with you never know where they're coming from. They are the spawn of Satan.
3. Every night since I can remember I have fallen asleep on my stomach, with my head turned to the left, my right hand in a fist under my right temple with some pillow in between, and my left arm chicken winged with my hand bent into my arm pit. I think my Mom has a picture of me sleeping like this when I was a baby, and I bet if we had an ultrasound you would see me like this in the womb. It takes me about 2 minutes to drift off, and this drives Annie crazy.
4. I shaved my legs. I first did it when I started doing Triathlons. I'm not going to lie, I like the way it feels. Deal with it. I'm lazy now so I just trim with clippers from time to time.
5. I have two useless talents. One, you can ask me what you've seen that celebrity in and I can rattle off 5 or 6 movies or TV shows they've been in. If I can't think of it, it drives me nuts until I look it up on www.imdb.com. I don't even know the celebrity's name, I just know where I've seen them before. My second useless talent is that I quote conversations and movie lines almost verbatim. I actually used to know the entire dialogue of Top Gun, and I bet if you quizzed my I wouldn't do to bad. Actually, try it! Ask me a line from Top Gun and I'll try to give you the line right after. Now that I have typed that it sounds like I should go rent it first since I haven't seen it in years, but give it a try anyway if you wish. Neither of these "talents" translate to anything productive, I am terrible with people's names and where I know them from. In fact, if I haven't seen you for a couple years we may have well never met. And I can't remember lectures or useful things I hear, only things that will never help me in life. Perhaps there will be some world crisis where the password to shut down all the nuclear weapon launches will be a line from a movie, and I can be of service.
There you go! Don't we feel closer?
9 months ago
3 comments:
1) Hey, you look just like this guy I know named Rob Scoresby...
2) You'll hate August here.
5) ...nah, never mind. I guess that line wasn't so appropriate anyway. :-)
I didn't know you were that interesting. Annie sure did good by picking you! It sure has been fun getting to know you though your blog and getting to see the pictures of the kids! Thank heavens for the person who invented blogging! Especially for those who are far away!
I knew all this stuff...what else have ya got?
Post a Comment