Halle and I were watching Dinosaur Train this morning. Well, she was watching, and I was dosing off. There is a part between the stories where Dr. Scott, a paleontologist, talks about what they just saw. Halle turns to me and says, "His name is Scott, but sometimes they call him Dr. Scott."
Me: Yeah, he's not like a Doctor for bodies. We use Doctor to mean someone is an expert at something. Do you know what 'expert' means?
Halle: Yeah, it means you're really good at something.
Me: Right! Or, you know a a whole lot about something, and people can go to you to find out about that thing. He is an expert in dinosaurs.
Halle: (thinking for a second) I'm not really an expert in Jesus, but I do know a lot about Him!
Me: (laughing) Yep, and you learn more every day!
Halle: Yep! (back to Dinosaur Train)
I think we must have been talking about Jesus a lot more this week because it's Easter. The last time we talked, she remembered everything when I asked her. She is an Easter Expert, especially the chocolate part.
9 months ago
2 comments:
I like her. I want to meet her.
i just love her expression in this pic. it's just so Halle! only a few more months until i get to see it in person!
Post a Comment