April 13, 2010

Never Really Grown Up

I imagine I'm not alone in this, but I think all grown men kind of still want be an action hero and most women want to be in a Jane Austin book, or at least a romantic comedy. Seriously, I have tried to align my personality with Mr. Darcy and it has done wonders for our relationship. Of all the movie characters we all have one we would choose to be. It's a tough call, but taking super heroes off the table I know who I would choose.

Jason Bourne

Only with my memories intact and not an assassin. Also, I would prefer to be shot less, and in fewer car accidents. Mostly I just want to be able to disarm and incapacitate a group of people in very short time, much to their surprise, and slip away from anybody undetected whenever I please.

I don't really want the CIA after me but since I can evade or put down anyone they send it might actually keep life interesting. Knowing multiple languages would definitely come in handy for a world traveler, as I would be. If I found a chip embedded in my hip with a Zurich bank account number with hundreds of thousands of dollars in it, that would just be the gravy.

3 comments:

Amy Martinsen said...

Probably the last "super hero" type guy any man would want to be would be Jack Bauer...have you been watching 24? For entire seasons we see the man NEVER eat, drink, pee....anything! And the one time he gets up to get a drink of water, his girlfriend gets shot. Forget it! Mr. Darcy all the way - the worst he ever got was a verbal tongue lashing from Elizabeth. Although I would like Jack's magical cell phone that works EVERYWHERE and never needs charging :)

Heather Jewell said...

Rob, your blog is indeed "a happy place to read." Thanks for making us laugh.

goofy feet said...

i think you "husband points" for even knowing who Mr. Darcy is!