May 19, 2010

Rob's Random Thought for the Day

I did no research on this, but I think the English language has more words for the human butt than they do for Love. Now my vocabulary is not too shabby but I'm not the most eloquent either. Here's what I can come up with off the top of my head. When I say love I mean like when you actually love someone, not just like or lust them.

Love
Affection
Desire
I can think of lots of words that I feel about someone I love, like devotion, loyalty, fidelity, appreciation, cherish, etc. But no words to describe the actual feeling of love.

On the other hand, words for the human butt

Butt
Rear End
kaboose
Ass
bum
bottom
Toosh
Tushy
backside
fanny (don't say in Australia, not the same thing!)
Rump

I'm sure if I spent more time on this I could come up with more. But is that sad or what?! Now maybe I'm just the one who knows more words for Bums than love. Can you do better?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

OMGosh! You said @ss.

)en said...

hiney
arse
behind

now, list all the words for vomit. that's a fun one.

Rob said...

Ha ha...I guess by :can you do better" I was thinking someone might try to come up with more words for love.