April 19, 2011

Disneyland reflections

Last week we went to California, including one day at Disneyland. More on that later, including pictures, but we had a great time, including some of the best people watching in the world.
Apparently, there are three main genres of attire for a Disneyland outing.
1. The track star outfit: Not sure if you just came from the gym or a marathon but these lines are not that strenuous. And I never once saw you running or speed walking between rides!
2. The jungle explorer: Major hiking boots, outdoor pants that zip off at the knee, full brim hat, backpack, an occasional walking stick and at minimum of 3 North Face apparel or gear items. I know the food is expensive and it's a big park but I think you mostly wanted to wear all your stuff. We're not hiking the Andes or anything. There's a water bottle and a churro every 8 feet! (I should have checked to see if there were more of these guys in line for the Indiana Jones ride).We kept seeing this one guy in all this gear including a fleece vest on a fairly warm day. "Must... wear...North Face!"
3. The Hoochie Mama: How do I put this? It will never be that hot to warrant inflicting us all with that outfit... or lack thereof. A little more fabric will do us all some good. Not that I want to see it at all, but 99.5% of you REALLY don't have the figure for it. And with the look of your leathery, sunburned/over-tanned skin, you should really be seeing your dermatologist more often than your plastic surgeon.

We were dumb and just wore T-shirts and Jeans with Tennis Shoes. I was kicking myself I left all my North Face and Running clothes at home, and Annie was sorely missing her Daisy Dukes and child sized tank top. We just didn't fit in anywhere! Disneyland outcasts... It's a good thing we had each other.

4 comments:

goofy feet said...

awesome! the only place better for that is magic mountain in the summer.

Amy Martinsen said...

Oh so true!!! I find the Hoochie-Mama the most offensive. I want to confront these women and ask them straight-up "what hideous, evil person told you you look attractive in this outfit? Do you realize they are lying to you, deceiving you on a very personal level?!"

Pedaling said...

Come to think of it- there were many with the gym look...black stretch like yoga pants and work out shoes- you're right.

We were just there yesterday and I commented to my girls that there were so many fat - and I mean, really fat- people there.

Oh, and the tattoo's,
think Ted said something like "Fads come and go, but tattoo's stay forever. How would you like to be stuck with that 1980's hair...well, that's what it's going to be like for many a dumb people...

Keri said...

So, since it was our last year here in Florida, we got a year pass to Disney World. I have to say we have mostly the hoochie momma looks going. And it's not young hoochie momma's, it's more like hoochie GRANDMA! So, so not right in any way.