May 8, 2011

The Numbers Don't Lie

There are 168 Hours in a week.
Our kids sleep for about 84 hours of it.
I am commuting or at work about 45 hours a week.
With other errands, chores, and meetings taking up an average of 7 hours a week.
Therefore, I roughly spend about 32 hours a week with our children, of those hours, it is rarely the case that I am alone with the kids. Usually, a certain tag-teaming partner is involved. At most I am alone with them for 3 or 4 hours a week.

 Three wonderful kids, who are healthy and smart. They know their fruits and vegetables and they probably don't know what store bought bread tastes like. They have had more books read to them than most kids will ever see in their lifetime. More often than not they are good, kind, and polite. They love the scriptures, they say their prayers. They know they are children of God.

And I'm only with them 38% of the time. As a solo influence, I am only with them 5% of the time.

What does that say?

You have the most important job in the world.

Happy Mother's Day!