We were reading the Old Testament for scriptures last night and we read the story of the Egyptians killing all the Israelite babies and Moses being put in the basket in the river. I asked the kids what they would do if someone was coming to kill all the babies.
Halle's response: Glad I'm not a baby!
Rob: "No, what would we do if people came to our house and wanted to kill Cameron?"
Roen: "Kill him."
Rob: (trying to suppress laughter) "No! We wouldn't kill him!"
Roen: "Yes, Daddy! We would have to kill him
Rob: (no stopping the laughter now, all of us where chuckling)" No! We would try to keep him safe! We would hide him, or send him somewhere where he would be safe."
Roen: (softly) "oh."
So we know who not to put in charge of stalling any baby killers coming to our door. "Oh yeah, we have a baby here. He's in the playroom, and our knives are by the stove."
9 months ago
5 comments:
i just put in a call to super nanny to pay a little visit to your house.
I wonder what Grandpa Scoresby would say about this...too bad he's not here. I'm sure he would have given you the friends & family discount :)
Ha ha. Yeah, a little disappointing the discussion didn't go better. I do understand the kids confusion though. A couple nights earlier we read about Abraham being commanded to sacrifice Isaac which is an amazing story of obedience. But now that the Egyptians want to kill a kid it's all wrong. What's a three year old to do?
Poor Roen, it is so confusing... I'm laughing still
Post a Comment