April 23, 2008

I'm Getting a Nanny

Her name is Rachel, and she's fabulous. It's high time too, I can't even remember the last time I laid by the pool with a drink and a romance novel. And I don't even want to say how long it's been since I last went to the spa. Do I seriously have to give everything up to be a mom? I need some "me" time, you know? So, actually, her name is Rachel, but I don't get to keep her. She's Rob's niece and she is doing us a huge favor in coming with us to Cleveland this weekend to babysit Roen while Rob uses me as a board patient. Not exactly "me" time.

We are really looking forward to this weekend, at least to having it over with. Rob is unbelievably stressed about this crazy test, and I cannot blame him. It is unreal. I must say though, I am so impressed at how he has learned to handle stress. I guess that happens after a constant bombardment of tests and applications and interviews, none of which you ever have enough time to adequately prepare. So, not to be mushy in this first ever post, but I have to say to all our faithful viewers that I am really proud of Rob, and thankful for all the hard work he does for our family, and I just love him lots.

Also, to update on my kids, Halle is sweet with serious attitude lately and Roen is growing, thighs
that is. Here are a few pics to prove it. To see the rest of this album click here.







To see the rest of our photo albums click here, or on the link on the right.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I absolutely love chunky babies!! Charlotte is losing her chunk now that she's running everywhere so I'm pinching her leg rolls whenever I can!! Roen is adorable!

Laura said...

now, annie - was that so hard to write a post!! I expect more of this kind of behavior in the future. :) now, go be a good patient...eat your smarties and honey!

Annie said...

yes laura, as a matter of fact it took nearly an entire nap session. but now that I've done it, it should be much faster in the future. actually, rob told me now that he's taken the x-rays to submit for board review I am no longer allowed to eat sugar and I have to floss twice a day until he takes the test so it will be easier to work on. I'm such a sacrificer.

Anonymous said...

Those thighs totally ROCK!!!! Roen should enjoy them because the time will come when those bad boys won't be so cute...I know from personal experience. Good luck, Rob -we'll be praying for you. And Annie, if you'll bring my grandchildren to me in AZ, I'll watch them while you have some well deserved "me time" by the pool. [just a pathetic Grandma bribe]
Lovies, Grandma M.

Jennifer said...

I sure love them Annie, yes I do.

And send that nanny to me when you are done. Thanks.

brownymama said...

Hey Annie! This is Krista Cook- Brown. I just happened on your blog. Your kids are adorable! The bright red hair and chunky thighs! (: I have 2 red heads myself. I also noticed Rob is doing pedo. That's what my husband did and he felt the same way. Loves working with the kids! Anyway! Glad to see you're doing well!

Ben and Michelle said...

Hey Annie, it was fun assisting Rob while he worked on you in Cleveland. You have great teeth :)