May 6, 2008

DVR My Life

I was driving to school the other day and heard a comment on the radio that I missed. I reached up to rewind a few seconds only to realize I'm in the car, and my radio doesn't have DVR!

We decided to get cable last year just in time for all the bowl games (you can tell who's decision that was). The sign up package included DVR. We had every intention of getting rid of it as soon as the promotional period ran out, but oh how I love it! No commercials, no wasted time, no forgetting to record Lost or the Office. I can watch so many football games, and record another that I want to watch in entirity. We purposely start shows 20 minutes late so we can fast forward through all the commercials. If you miss a line, just rewind! It's like cell phones, you're fine without one until you have one.

The problem is I want it for everything now. And while in my autopilot driving mode my subconscious actually thought I COULD rewind the radio. Curse you DVR for making one aspect of my life so convenient, while not allowing me to fast forward to graduation, slow-mo my vacation, and pause a beautiful day while I run to the bathroom. I need some technological advances, and I need 'em fast!

4 comments:

)en said...

Geez, how long are you in the bathroom?

:)

Anonymous said...

If we could DVR our lives, Fast and Testimony Meeting would take on a whole new meaning for me...
Grandma M.

Allison said...

rob-if you got sirius you could do that! i love my sirius, but i do forget to use the rewind and pause button. i love dvr, but it is a love/hate relationship, b/c i can't stand watching even on commerical now. btw, sounds like you did a great jobs on your boards! hooray for you and goodworker annie on getting a cavity.

Bella Beginnings said...

this happened to me as well. I don't think I can ever go back to my non dvr days, sad and pathetic, but there it is.