I have racked my brain, and I'm pretty sure that the only creature with a verb for a name is a Fly. Why does this nasty, poop eating thing get to be named after one of the coolest activities on this earth? Why didn't an Eagle get to be a Fly? I mean, naming all this stuff has got to be tough, so I don't blame them for settling on Fly. It is better than Poop Eater, or Annoying, but I just would have appreciated more effort.
9 months ago
2 comments:
but why put so much effort toward naming the dumb gross fly? I can totally see why they did that. "what is this foulsome thing? what should we call it?" "who cares, it's ugly." "but what is distinct about it?" "nothing, it just flies." "alright, then. It is a fly."
Now, did the fruit orange inspire the color? or vice versa. Because that is a fruit worthy of a good name. anyway, this comment is dumb, sorry.
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I will think of another animal whose name is also a verb. Just wait.
Post a Comment