July 25, 2008

Fine Line

For those of you who know me (and if you're reading this and don't know you are a blog stocking weirdo...and welcome) you know I am a smidge sarcastic. I really enjoy saying something unexpected with a really dry sarcasm. Normally, if delivered properly it can be funny. There is a slight problem with this personality trait, and it is that new relationships can be murdered with a single sentence before you would even say you have a "relationship." I tell myself, "Easy Rob, ease 'em into it. They don't know you, and they're going to think you're a jerk." But then when they get to know me, I'm freakin' hilarious. (for the new people, that was an example of the aforementioned sarcasm)

For example, I just started my pedo program (awesome by the way) and am a part of class of 6 guys (no girls, which we get a lot of comments about, like we had anything to do with it). I was commenting to one of the assistants that I really liked our group, and she said, "yeah, but it'd be nice to have more girls around." So naturally, I responded, "Yeah! Me too!"

Now she thinks I'm a jerk-faced pig. But if you know me, oh man is that funny! No for real, it's funny. Trust me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't hold back on the wit, buddy! It's one of your many great qualities. If the public can't handle it, well, then they miss out on a good laugh. I bet she went home, thought about it and laughed her head off :)

Laura said...

actually, i've never thought you were that funny...okay, okay...you're funny.

)en said...

i don't get it.

does that make sense? "it'd be nice..." "me too"?

But Rob, I'm the same way. And i've decided to just throw caution to the wind. I gotta be me. People will figure it out soon enough.

Rob said...

ok, maybe she said, "we'd like more girls around here." Sheesh! From now on I'll email my posts to you for editing prior to posting them.

)en said...

ha ha--hey, i don't mean to be critical. I just want to understand.