But so does togetherness. Halle started preschool a few weeks ago, and she's really having a great time. She loves her teacher, Mrs. Masters and even made a friend named Lily. I love preschool just as much as Halle does because I have a little break two days a week. One of the mornings a friend takes Roen and go to the Family History Center to work on school. Awesome. The other day she's in school, I stay home while Roen naps and I get about 101 things done. Awesome. Having a break from each other has really improved things between Halle and I, as does having more of a schedule to our week. On the days Halle
is home we have some "home school time" during Roen's nap and we love that time together.
4 comments:
annie-i love your new hair cut! also, what to you make graham crackers with? i'm very interested...
thanks al, short hair is nice for me. graham crackers were yummy and really easy. here's the recipe if you want it. it was our first time, and they turned out way too thick, but still good. just roll it out really thin if you try it.
Graham Crackers
3/4 C whole wheat or graham flour
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbl water
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C shortening, margarine or butter
1/4 C honey, warmed
In a medium-size bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda and brown sugar, and cut in shortening or margarine. Combine water and honey and add to dry ingredients. Blend well. Roll out half the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet to 1/4 inch thick. Prick dough with a fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cut into squares (we use a pizza cutter). Cool.
Our first day of preschool is tomorrow and I'm not sure who is more excited -- her or me! Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try it out.
I can't wait for you to come!!!! 'Cause I can't wait to get my hands on those cuties...prepare them to be kissed alot!!!!
Post a Comment