This weekend Rob and I went away for the first time all by ourselves, leaving Halle and Roen in the very capable hands of our friends the Walkers. And... Rob ran his first marathon! Everyone did great in their respective firsts, especially Rob. He ran in the Hartford, CT marathon, so we had a beautiful drive and a beautiful course to run.
He came in just two minutes shy of his goal time, at 4:02. Apparently, it's true what they say, the race went really well for the first 20- he felt great and was ahead of his pace. Then mile 23 passed and the leg cramps began, and the pace slowed down quite a bit. Slowing down is relative, since 9 minute miles are about how fast I run on 2 mile jog.
So good job Robby! I'm so proud of you and all the work it took to make 26.2 look like a walk in the park. And thanks Walkers for giving us a fabulous weekend away!
Coming up on the finish line, looking exhaustedly determined
Rob with his sweet medal
Rob with his sweet wife
9 months ago
8 comments:
Hey Rob, Great job!!! I'm so impressed and proud. It must have something to do with your atheletic maternal genes :)
Mom
Good job Rob! Hurray for get aways! We're hoping to do that sometime!
Oh man. Running a marathon. I am so inspired by marathoners. I'd like to say that one day I am going to do that and then after i would say that i would laugh and say, psych. But you never know. (yes i do) Still, high five.
p.s. my friend ran a marathon last year. read about it here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=20731468&blogID=327275441
it's pretty entertaining.
Wow, congrats to Rob!I'm so glad you guys got to have a fun weekend away, too, that's awesome.
Yaaay Rob! Good worker!
Great Job Rob!!
Congrats Rob! Maybe one day I'll be motivated by your running! As for now I am only motivated by your insane love of ice cream :)
Post a Comment