February 12, 2009

Funny Roen Stuff

I guess we don't use our VCR much anymore. We have a duel DVD and VHS player, and we caught Roen trying to put a little Thomas the Train magnet in the VHS side today. When we went to retrieve it we found another magnet, and a hot wheels car! We thought about corporal punishment, or delving into psychoanalysis and Jungian behavior modification, but then realized that this stashing has gone unnoticed for who knows how long, and we apparently don't watch VHS anymore, so we just taped the door shut.

Roen has a fixation with sitting in boxes. When we play board games he'll go back and forth between the lid and bottom just pleased as punch. Halle and I were playing Chutes and Ladders and Roen was attempting to sit in the box but it seemed like it was quickly going to become ruined, so I put it up on the table. The directions were written on one of those smaller box like inserts on posterboard type paper and I forgot to put them up as well. Roen crawled right over, sat in it, and gave the happiest, gloating, "ha-HA." Apparently, this must be an innate response to victory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Flash back 16 years: Buddy, the VCR, $150.00 repair bill and a approximately 8 croutons...perhaps it runs in the family :)

Annie said...

Croutons, nice Brad Lee!

Ben and Michelle said...

He is a funny little boy. I hope you guys are doing well.