May 17, 2009

Updates and pictures

Well, it has been a busy spring! When you only have so many days of nice weather in the year you take advantage of every one. May is going to be a whirlwind, and it already started off hectic.

Last week I was in Chicago for a dental conference. Really cool city by the way, it may even beat out NYC as my favorite city. I wish Annie could have been there, but she would have been a little bored with me at the conference. I was able to go with 2 other guys from my program, and we had a good time. I felt bad calling Annie, who was at home with the kids, to tell her that we were going out to some cool restaurant or to the white sox game, and hearing Roen crying in the background. Our hotel was right next to the Chicago river that runs right through downtown, it was really cool to see, and I went running along the riverwalk, and along Lake Michigan, through Millenium Park, and lots of other cool places. It was really an awesome city, and I hope I can go back with Annie some day.

While I was there I found out that my Grandpa had past away. I knew he was going downhill, but it was faster than we thought. But he died of natural causes and had lived a long good life. So while in Chicago I mad travel plans to meet my siblings in Salt Lake and drive to Idaho falls. We were all able to be there and it was good to catch up, even under the circumstances. It turned out to be cheaper to fly out of Rochester. So after a flight delay coming home, and driving from Buffalo to Rochester, I was home for about 8 hours before getting on a plane back to Chicago and then on to Salt Lake. I got a little taste of being a business man by being back in the exact same airport and terminal 10 hours after I left, and I'm happy with my career choice.

After coming back from Idaho and eating out for a week with little or no exercise, I ran in the Rochester Spring Classic duathlon yesterday. It was really short, 2 mi run, 10 mi bike, 1 mi run. But it was a lot of fun. I decided to do it like 2 weeks ago so I wasn't really ready anyway, and even though I told myself it was only for fun I was a little dissapointed I didn't do better, because I'm always too competitive. I came in 31st out of 122, and 5th in my age group.

We have some more plans coming up, we'll give you an update and some more pictures from beautiful Rochester! Here are a few Spring pictures to wet your appitite. For more click here.


Halle running through the blossoms at Highland park near our house.


Happy to be outside!

Duathlon, just off the bike and onto the 2nd run.


3 comments:

Keri said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. That picture of Halle is so pretty!

Craw papa said...

beautiful spring pics! I'm so excited to go back to 4 seasons!

)en said...

you bite your tongue!! NY wins, always.