With DVR we have a plethora of shows on demand for Halle to choose from. Halle doesn't get to watch a lot of TV, but she has a huge selection to choose from every time she gets to. Some shows are actually even more than tolerable for adults, they are slightly entertaining! There are some shows we keep, because she loves him, but to be honest, they kind of make you want to blow your brains out. So here's the list.
I will sit down and watch this with you:
1. Wordworld: good show, entertaining, educational, but they are actually funny for adults too. Everything is made out of words so if you wreck your bike the B-I-K-E gets spilled everywhere and you have to put it back together. The duck with the lisp is the best character.
2. Superwhy: best intro song ever to a kids show ever. Gets stuck in my head all day. The show itself is not as great as Wordworld.
Only Tolerable:
1. Clifford the Big Red Dog
2. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as long as Daisy is not featured much. I don't know who this lady is who does her voice, but whoever is married to her must know by now that it won't last.
3. Sid the Science kid: some cool songs, and it gets kids asking questions about the world, but kind of annoying.
4. Little Einsteins
5. Thomas the Train: Especially because every show ends with them being "a good and useful engine." This is our new training model for our kids. We're not happy if they're just good kids, we're training them to be useful to us.
Please kill me now:
1. Dora or Diego: no matter who you are you know about Dora, and ergo her annoyingness. Diego is on par with Dora. There is a hilarious SNL skit making fun of Dora. I'll let you go look for it on youtube.
2. Bob the Builder: This is a new show, and we were surprised by this. The song is catchy and it's a classic show. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we were watching it at 6 AM and not happy about it, but I could have destroyed my beautiful TV if I had to hear the cement mixer talk any more. (I TAKE IT BACK, I COULD NEVER HURT YOU!)
I wish my program would pay me for watching all these shows. This really should be time on the clock, becauase I use this info every day. There are some shows a lot of kids like that I don't know about, so I need to see High School Musical, and Hannah Montana... or maybe I'll find something else to talk about.
This has been your Kid Show Break Down, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. (Please tell me you all know what this is from-BEST KID SHOW EVER!)
9 months ago
9 comments:
I was just talking about this! love: word world, my friends tigger and pooh, backyardigans
don't hate: mickey mouse clubhouse, higglytown heros
hate: curious george, sponge bob, martha speaks, little einsteins, special agent oso, imagination movers
OK, this is a long list, so I feel the need to emphasize that magei and sam also don't get to watch a lot of TV...just that there are a lot of choices when they do.
1. GI Joe
2. We all know you love Hannah Montana and High School Musical. Zac Efron = so hot!
I have to say that Sid the Science kid is on my "kill me now" list. I don't know why, I just can't handle his weird friend. As for knowing is half the battle, HeMan. And yes, Shaun has made Savannah watch some of those.
The only reason Sid the Science kid is tolerable is because of the song when he gets to the playground. "I'm lookin for my friends, I'm lookin for you..."
And you are wrong, it was not He-Man. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Aaah, I remember those days. I believe there was an entire two years span where DAILY Buddy would watch "Homeward Bound" a stuuupid dog/cat movie. The older kids would hide the video, Buddy would find it, we'd watch it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, they would try to hide it again, Buddy would find it....and the cycle would continue. As a mother, though, you learn to choose your battles, and I chose to lose the Homeward Bound Battle....and a few brain cells.
A few weeks ago I was flipping through the stations and chanced upon Homeward Bound...I felt like a Vietnam Vet having flashbacks from a battle scene - I had to go to my "happy place"! So a word of warning: the "Just Shoot Me Now" list does NOT lose its potency!
My absolute favourite is "POKOYO". I've added alink incase you haven't heard of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ck3uKixGus&feature=PlayList&p=1A7296FF9C7329D5&index=0&playnext=1
Hannah Montana is exhaustingly cheesy and High School Musical is tolerable (loved the third one ;))
One of my favorites is Ni Hao Kai-Lan. Every time the theme song comes on, I want to dance around the room. Their ginormous eyes are a little creepy, but otherwise the graphics are adorable.
P.S. I tolerate Dora and Diego because my children are mesmerized by it.
Word World and Curious George are tops in our house!
That was Shaun's fault, he thought it was Heman. Seriously, it's not like I have SEVEN older brothers I could have learned that from!
And I guess Sids songs are a little catchy, it's his crazy friend who I really can't handle and I think I might need out a little more if I am thinking about cartoons this much. Boards #1 is tomorrow.
Post a Comment