July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Toots!

Just after Roen put his finger through the flame. That should help a fever, right?

Poor little Rob had an underwhelming 29th birthday today. The day began at 5:11 a.m. to a crying Halle, which led to a crying Roen. Although, I did generously allow him to go back to sleep for a while, but only because it was his birthday, and I love him very much. He had a super busy day at work and got out a little late, but hopefully Papa Johns made it right with a little pepperoni pizza, followed by a delicious ice cream cake. I had some bigger plans, but the kids were really sick today, and I pretty much had at least one on my lap at all times. Except for those 8 dishes I washed and the 1 load of laundry I did, I really got nothing else done. We were going to at least run out and get some balloons and fun party stuff, but then a most amazing and sad thing happened. Halle fell asleep on the couch! The first time I have ever beheld such a thing. NEVER, since she was older than 1 month old. Truly amazing. I just couldn't stand to wake her up to go to the dumb ol' drugstore for a few measly balloons.

Proof!

Nevertheless, we love you lots!! We are so glad you are the Dad, husband, and all around BFF of our family. Every day I hear, "I miss Daddy, I want daddy to come home." To which I respond, "Me too, Halle. Me too." I miss you when you're not here, even for the day. You are just the best! Sorry for a slightly lame birhtday non-extravaganza. It's a good thing you are getting to be so mature in years, and can roll with a few punches, like sick kids and no party favors.

4 comments:

Pedaling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pedaling said...

let's try that again.

annie, that was the best/most original, funniest - birthday post, ever!

Grandma M. said...

I hate to break it to ya, babes, but about 5 or 6 years from now Rob will be saying "Wow, I remember when it used to be a total blow-out for my birthday, like when I turned 29...now it's just a dried up Ding-Dong in my lunch...man, my 29th, it was the best!" It's all about perspective when it comes to Motherhood :)
p.s. hope my adorable grandchildren are better!!!

Rob said...

It kind of bugs me that on my birthday Annie posts a picture of me where I'm not the cutest one in it! Does it look like my hair is receeding? Dang it I'm getting old! I knew my Dad's genes would kick in someday!