I have my research day today and thought I would share one more amazingly stupid injury.
This is what the narrative said,
"CUT TONGUE ON PAPER SHREDDER."
I thought it was common knowledge not to put your tongue in a paper shredder, but just in case it's not, DON'T PUT YOUR TONGUE IN A PAPER SHREDDER!
9 months ago
8 comments:
You have lost all credibility with me. Surely you made this one up. I can think of absolutely no reason, in which I would EVER need to/want to put my tongue on a paper shredder.
You associate with reasonable people of reasonable intelligence (actually above average intelligence if you count me, I skew the data).
Imagine two ridiculously stupid people combine their genes to create a child. You get the perfect storm of factors leading to this equation: A child's ability to reason + this particular child's shallow gene pool + the lack of supervision which surely accompanies such a child from such parents = the thought "I wonder what would happen if I put my tongue in here."
oh yes, I forgot this was about children. I feel much better now.
I have only two words for all of the above:
My Ward
Wow, I think that tops pretty much any childhood injury I have ever heard of.
What?? Rob, how could you have forgotten your tongue/paper shredder experience?? You've just totally blocked it out. Thank goodness we didn't have a cross-cut then. AND that Annie had already learned to love you.
I can't wait to tell Dr. Bobby and RodStewart that we shouldn't call you "Smoking Guy" anymore (and, yes, we still do talk about you from time to time) but instead you're "Paper Shredder Tongue Guy" now.
Sounds like you're having a great time in your program. Don't forget where you fell in love with pediatric dentistry...
For the record, my Mother was being sarcastic about me putting my tongue in a paper shredder. Although, I did lots of other dumb stuff, which has been stricken from my Mother's memory by my subsequent awesomeness in all aspects of life.
Post a Comment