Cameron Lee Scoresby was born today at 3:13 AM!
Annie started having contractions at 3:30 in the afternoon. By 8 PM they were taking her breath away, and 6 minutes apart. Since she was pretty fast for the first two we went right to the hospital. But since she wasn't dilated much they weren't very impressed, and when the contractions slowed to 10 and 20 minutes apart they sent us home. We were pretty disappointed/teed off.
When we got home the contractions got stronger and stronger. Being sent home was really a blessing in disguise, allowing us to catch up on some seriously missed TV shows. By 1 AM they were super hard and coming every 5 min., so we went back. Unbelievably, she hadn't progressed much, but they admitted us anyway. Annie was having a fairly rough time with the contractions, but finally she got the epidural at about 2:50. The babies heart rate got really low, and they were trying to reposition the monitors to see what was up when they finally realized it wasn't the epidural that made the heart rate low, it was just that the baby was about to come. She went from a 3 to 10 in 2 hours and at 3:13 AM he was here. No wonder those contractions were hard to handle!
7 Lbs, 6 oz.s
20 3/4 inches.
We're not really sure quite yet, but we might have another red head on our hands. I know we're pretty biased, but he sure seems beautiful in these pictures, which isn't always true for minutes old babies.
We'll keep you posted, I'm sure we'll have a gazillion more pictures to post soon.
32 comments:
Congrats on a beautiful baby boy! I have a Cameron too. I hope all is well. ~April Davis(the other April in the Heap family!)
congrats to you both! i can see halle in him for sure. he is absolutely gorgeous!!!! can't wait for more pics.
Oh what a cutie! Congratulations! He looks so much like his siblings. Good luck with everything. He is such a lucky baby.
Congratulations! Glad everything went well. Good luck with the transition to three.
Oh, he is cute. Cute! Congratulations, you two. And good work, Annie!
Gorgeous! Congratulations guys, we are so happy for you!
Congratulations! He really is a beautiful baby, I've seen a few working on a post partum floor! :)
Yay for you! Congrats! and good job with labor!
Congratulations...What a beautiful new (red headed we hope)baby boy. He looks very very alert & ready to take on his older brother & sister. You must chastise your Dad as we did not even know that you were pregnant! As always, love ya and miss you....Pat & Sheri (EVDS)
Didn't you just barely announce she was pregnant? No fair other people's pregnancies go so fast.
But CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful baby! And where are you getting all these red-headed genes? I'm very jealous!
He is so cute!! Congrats and I love the name!!!
Congratulations!! What a beautiful child! And I'm not a big prejudiced - he really is perfect. I can't wait to hold him.
Yep, looks like a Scoresby. Congratulations you guys! Way to hang in there Annie!
Super exciting! Congrats!
It warms my heart to hear/read "he looks like a Scoresby." What a BEAUTY!! and a totally masculine beauty. Hurrah! :D :D :D
p.s. Cameron Lee--adorable.
Congrats! And hooray for redheads! And I agree, he really is a beautiful little newborn!
Someone should be contacting you guys soon about a meal for Sunday...let me know if you need anything else before/during/after sister comes!
He is BEAUTIFUL!!! And looks like he smells good...baby smell, it's the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all love you, and you get your very own Sarah Ann starting Monday...she can't wait!
so cute!! he doesn't even look swollen...very handsome! congrats
Thanks for the love everyone.
Just as an aside, I am keeping track of everyone who comments. And we are sending cash with our Christmas cards next year.
No extra cash for multiple comments (Jen).
Wow, he IS cute. Usually newborn babies look like old men or aliens. Not Cameron! Congratulations you two, I'm thrilled for you.
Oh, he is so cute! Congrats! Hope everyone is doing well. We will come see you soon.
ok, let's try to keep the name's of the nieces and nephews straight, shall we?
once again:
there was a 7lbs 6oz, almost 21 inch long baby in that tummy?
i don't believe it!
he is cute, cute, cute
and i love the name
and the hair.
looks like you're sticking with the same mold-
if i were to pick, i'd say he looks like halle (spelling?) -
congratulations and annie, my little cute niece, you make it look so easy!
here's to at least 3 more!
He is indeed beautiful! Congratulations to all of you. Emmalee came home from school on Friday and told me Halle Beth had a new baby at her house. I wasn't sure I believed her. I should know better!
PS - Is Halle bugged that you didn't name him Sam? :)
Umm...I would like MORE PICTURES please....where are the mass photos promised by Rob? Did he spill black food coloring on them?
Congratulations guys! You're not just biased, Cameron really is beautiful in those pictures.
Oh my he is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy to hear he is doing well. Congrats you guys!
Amen to all the comments on how beautiful he looks. Very round and plump and perfect. Job well done, you two.
Congratulations!!!! He is adorable.
what thuuuh. fine, i retract my 2nd comment. how's THAT. Cameron Lee? Could have done better.
Post a Comment