I've been trying to get Roen to say more than his normal two things in his prayers at night. I asked him to think of one thing he is thankful for, and thank Heavenly Father for it.
"Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for Jesus...and pets...."
(We don't have any pets)
Now his new prayer every night is "Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for Jesus and pets...."
So we've just shifted his vain repetitions to something new and erroneous. Or else he's trying to tell us to get some dang pets.
_________________________________________
This next quote will be funnier if you've seen the movie Rio. Since Halle always wants to watch Twelve Dancing Princesses and Roen always wants to watch Cars 2 this is a common compromise movie in our house. We were driving in the car the other day and I tricked the kids on something, I can't even remember what, and in my best Tracy Morgan voice (he plays the bulldog) I said, "I got yous good!"
Without missing a beat, and in just as good of a Tracy Morgan impression, Halle says, "I coulda ripped your throats out! But I didn't...but I coulda."
It was pretty funny. But now we are training her, anytime she quotes that she must say, "that's from the movie Rio by the way."
I think she has inherited her Dad's eidetic memory which only works for movies.
9 months ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys need some pets.
I love these kid quotes, keep them coming.
maybe you could get a goldfish?
annie- i use the pioneer woman's tres leches receipe. i've made it for a couple parties...and unless people are lying to me it seems to be a hit!
Post a Comment