June 3, 2008

Bye-Bye I am Now Alumni, see you never gone forever, can't stop me if you tried.

(The title is to be sung to the tune of American Pie)

The Doctor is in! Actually, I'm not a Doctor until commencement, which is next Sunday, but that didn't stop me from selecting DR. for my title when I made a hotel reservation today! (it was just to be geeky, it hasn't already gone to my head)

We had our college convocation last Sunday, with our hooding ceremony, and such and such. I'm pretty sure it's over, but you never know. You had better believe I'm hanging on to all my grade sheets of my requirements until the diploma is mailed to me and in a safety deposit box in the Camen Islands. If Dental School at OSU has taught me anything, it is that you can get screwed over at any moment! Just because they let you wear the cap and gown and check out of school doesn't mean you're out of the house of cards just yet. It could come crashing down at any moment! It's not over until it's OVER. And it's not over until the diploma is safely transfered to a numbered box only accessible with a retinal scanner and voice print identification. Only then will I breathe a sigh of relief! Paranoid you say? No, I'm just an animal conditioned by my experience in the dental education system.

I've added some pictures of graduation to our web album.

For those classmates and friends I added every picture we had from the class party and graduation so you can download or order prints of any of the pictures you want. (You know you all want me hanging on your wall)

Here are some other pictures:

Mom's visit/hocking Hills

At the park

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. McCool! You look so....McCool in that hood :) You have to be so happy and relieved. And I completely understand about not trusting the powers that be - I still have grades and notebooks just waiting for someone from ASU to call and say "Umm, there's been a mistake and you'll need to send back your diplomas and you'll need 45 more credit hours..." Just keep all that stuff - you'll sleep much better at night.
Thanks for the pictures - it breaks my heart that we couldn't be there - please know how much we love you and are so proud of you!
Lovies, Grandma M.

Tawnya said...

Hey Rob, it's Tawnya Curleyhair Collard. I found your blog through Danielle's. Congrats! How exciting that you've got the family and diploma now - right at the 10 year mark! I thought I was doing well just to get my Bachelor's. Your girls are beautiful and I'm sure Annie's just as gorgeous as ever as well. You've sure come a long way since bell choir! :)

Anonymous said...

Scores,

Whats up man, R.Andersen here. All I have to say is you are the man! Congrats on graduating. Its a great feeling especially after such a long road. Well, you and I still have residency but thats another life and should not be associated with school. Plus, there's a paycheck along with it so its waaaaay different.

Anyway, look forward to meeting back up in AZ when you will give me free unlimited dental care. I actually just went to the dentist and found out I had 8 cavities. Yeah, thats right...8!. Ive only had one until now. I think my dentist just wanted me to help him put his kids through college. Either that or going 2+ yrs without seeing a dentist may have had something to do with it too. I guess we'll never know. Well, at the risk of this looking like an email rather than a post, Im going to stop. Congrats my friend, especially to Annie. I cant believe someone actually puts up with you day in and day out. Take it easy.

Rob Andersen

The Gardner Gang said...

Um.... Rob. Did you mean "can't stop me if YOU tried." in your title. Come on GRADUATE!!! I know you didn't major in English, but with your vocabulary skills, I know you know better.
And just so I'm not the only one to say it...... Congratulations!!

Carolyn

Rob said...

Me good dentist...bad speaker of english.

)en said...

it's good then because even if you speak poorly, your patients can't correct you because they'll have a mouth full of spit and tooth tools, or "toothls." I love how my dentist always asks me questions when he's working on my mouth.