June 11, 2008

We're here

I kind of feel like a little kid in the middle of the pool, 4 ft. tall in 3.5 ft. of lapping water. My head only stays above water long enough to keep water out of my lungs. We have boxes stacked on every surface, the kids are exhausted and showing it, and frankly so am I. Halle has never been told “No”! so many times before. Now she’s saying it to everyone in her way, “No, No, No, Stop, Stop, Stop”! Oh, and my feet hurt. We really are excited to be home in Rochester, but it’s the end of the night, the kids woke up at 5:15, and therefore this is my post to update everyone that we did in fact make it to New York. Sorry. I’ll have a better attitude by next time.

I will say that the water has begun to recede today. It feels really good to have curtains hung, beds put together, food on their shelves and far less boxes yet to unpack. Having the internet hooked up is a real boon too. The best thing has been all the great neighbors. There are a lot of nice, helpful people in this world, and many of them seem to live here in Whipple Park. I hope to be one those people, and to that end, I will now go lay my head down for the night.

Here is a picture of our house 2 full days into unpacking. Yikes! We have a lot of stuff.

10 comments:

)en said...

Welcome to New York, Rob. Welcome.

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer that if we do poorly in this mortal existence we will be required to pay for it by continually moving in the next life....it truly is hell. But we are so grateful you made it there safe and sound. We love you!
Grandma M.

Annie said...

What about me, Jen? I actually made a post, and no welcome to New York, Annie. I am prepared to be offended, I don't want to be, but I will if I do not get a response within 24 hrs. The ball is in your court.

Keri said...

I feel for you Annie! I REALLY hate moving. And congrats to Rob for graduating.

Allison said...

hooray! i'm glad you made it! i can't imagine moving with two little ones so i'm impressed that you've even started unpacking. i see our future ahead with packing and unpacking and i'm not looking forward to that part of moving. ann can-when you get a change let me have your new digits please.

all the best!

Stephanie Johnson said...

We miss columbus and all our friends. And it might seem like you have alot of boxes but at least you have all your stuff. Since we still haven't sold our house we left most of our stuff and came to Oklahoma with just a couple of suit cases I don't know what we are going to do once we find a place to live.

Greg said...

Rob and Annie--I came across your blog by chance. Your kids are adorable. Congrats on your recent graduation! Seeing your blog made me wonder what in the world Tyler is up to, where he is living, etc. Could you send me his e-mail address (mine is gregoryladams@gmail.com) My wife and I moved back to Arizona after law school (sometimes I still wonder why--it's HOT and BROWN here) Annie--I heard April is back in Arizona now? Is that right? (that could be old news, but we live in Tempe, so we're kind of out of the "Mesa" loop." My wife and I have a blog: http://gregandtammyadams.blogspot.com/

I just re-read my comment. . .a good moment of stream of conscious writing. Oh well, I’m not in the mood to edit.

)en said...

haha!

I don't know, Annie. I'm not so sure about you. I think you need to prove yourself to us (me and NY). Only then will I extend the official welcome. How do you prove yourself? I cannot say. One must figure this out for one's self.

Michelle said...

Westborough will never be quite the same without the Scoresby's - we sure miss you guys!! I am sure there are many, many reasons that you'll want to visit Columbus again soon (especially because you ended up in NY - I mean what could you possibly do to keep yourself entertained there?:) . . . I'll compile a list of irresistible Columbus options and get those to you as soon as possible:) Really do miss you guys, but am so excited for you, too! I'm so glad we can check your blog to get updates!

Jennifer said...

Boon, Annie? Really? Who says things like "boon"?

Ok, really this is funny. Not two days ago, Mike and I engaged in a heated debate about the proper usage of the word "boon". (And no, I will not tell you who won the debate.) And then I click on over to the happy Scoresby blog, and what do I see? Here comes Annie, using the word in all its fantastic glory. You funny little boon.

(I obviously still don't get it.)