July 23, 2008

Growing Up

Phantom motor skills no more. Two months ago I put Roen to sleep on the floor downstairs because I was too lazy to bring the pack n’ play down. When he cried out in the night to be fed, I found him about six feet away from his little makeshift bed. Hmmmm. There were a few more instances like that, but we never actually witnessed him rolling, until now. This past week Roen started sitting up really well and rolling over. Sitting up is a great milestone; I no longer have to carry a blanket on my person at all times, I can just plop him down wherever. Rolling over isn’t quite as useful, but it is super cute. Roen is now as rolly as he is polly. (The one picture is b/c he looks grown up, the other b/c it makes me laugh, he did not want anymore pictures taken.)

Halle’s big girl thing is potty training. She's doing pretty well. Although, I'm not really doing so well, it is a most stressful experience for me. We’ll get there soon enough. Two dry days in a row now. A pretty good sign. Another big girl thing was to ask to have her hair blow dried. She used to always tell me it was only for mommies. After drying and then flat ironing it for fun, this is how straight it turned out after playing for 5 minutes. It is unbelievably humid here. Oh well, less work for me, why dry her hair when it is cuter air dried?

In other news, we had a good time at the Hill Cumorah Pageant last weekend. (The HCP, as Rob calls it). We were so lucky to happen upon Adam and Marci Preece, our friends from dental school who just started the same program as Rob in Buffalo. It was really fun to catch up with them. We are having a great time in Rochester, but we miss our friends soo much. Halle thought it was a pretty cool "show" and tells us all about Nephi's boat and how the people were mean to Jesus, and how Jesus was nice to the kids. The pageant doesn't start until 9:15, 2 hours after her bedtime, so even though I was amazed, it wasn't all that crazy that she fell asleep as soon as we laid a blanket down on the ground for her.

Halle misses her friends a lot too, but she is making new ones. She and her new friend Isaac, who happens to be our next door neighbor, were playing outside the other day, and took a break from the pool to "do our exercises". I loved it. Here are a couple shots.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy cow! Wasn't he like just born? And now he's sitting up? They grow up too fast.

Laura said...

those pictures of roen are killer...what a little cutie! i've been meaning to email you for like EVER! glad your making friends and having fun...i should probably start to make some friends sometime soon. :)