Did you know that Americans spend 35 BILLION on weight loss every YEAR?!? The estimated population of the U.S. in July 2007 was a little of 301 million. That's every single American alive spending $116/year. But given that about 25% of American's are under 18, and 12% are over 65 (that leaves about 118.5 million people) that means that every other American between these ages is spending about $186/year on losing their gut. And since it's unlikely that every single person in that age group is spending that much, there are a few households dropping some serious dough to not be a dough boy. SheNow I'm not sure my math is right, and some of my statistics may or may not have come from wikipedia, but this is a massive industry!One woman even reported to CBS news that she spend 10's of thousands, maybe even 1oo thousand on weight loss programs. She spent $10,000 on a one month program and lost TWO pounds before giving up on the diet industry. Most people just try something new and different. The new pill, or machine, or special sequence of exercises that allows you to work out for only 4 minutes 3 times/week.
Guess what the average weight loss is after leaving a commercial weight loss program? 112%! That's right, they put more weight on than they had before they started! What a sweet business! It's like selling drugs, they're going to get hooked, and need to come back for more! I just need to come up with a device, or a plan, that a few people can lose a ton of weight on (with the "these results are not typical" fine print on the bottom of the screen) and I've hit the jackpot.
I'm going to revolutionize the weight loss industry with my new plan! Are you ready for it? We need to eat less...and move more. This idea is already patented as my intellectual property so you can kiss it goodbye, that money is mine. However, I am looking to raise some capital so contact me if you are interested in a sweet investment opportunity.
9 months ago
5 comments:
I think my weight loss issues stem from a metabolism 100 years behind the times. Let me explain: I should have been a pioneer because my body can maintain on nothing. I would have gained weight eating all that flour and jerky; it would have taken two of those rescue boys to hoist me over the river; the Donner part would have found a convient way for me to die [i.e YUM!]; and I would have pulled in from the hand cart trek with both my chins. And think of the journals entries: "Dear Diary, today they only gave me half a ration of flour because they said I looked puffy!" I should have been a pioneer - I would have hated it, but I would have ROCKED!
No Diet Pepsi on the plains! But I agree you would have been a primo pioneer. Since I have no idea about how to fix wagons, cook, grow food, or care for livestock, I would have been an huge burden to the pioneers. If it weren't for the charity of the Mormons I would have been left by the wayside as a sacrifice to the natives.
Hey Rob Scoresby!
Imagine my surprise to find that you had a blog. I was casually perusing Tiffiany Robb's blog when I noticed she had a link to yours. Small blogging world, eh?
I was glad to see your family made it safely to New York. Good luck with your new residency adventure. Maybe we'll bump into each other at the AAPD meetings. It's a small dental world too.
All the best!
Dr. Smiley! Thanks for dropping a line! I hope I do see you at an AAPD meeting or something. Or perhaps a stamp it up convention. I believe there is one in November. j/k
Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe how big Roen is. Looks like you are having fun. Good luck with the potty training.
Post a Comment