July 3, 2008

How did she get on TV?

Unfortunately, Annie has started to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and was watching last night while I was studying/doing stuff around the house. (She says it's not for the hot dancers, but I have my doubts). As she is watching, I keep getting this feeling that an ice pick is being shoved through my ears. What is that wretched noise that makes me have this overwhelming desire to harm myself rather than subject myself to another audio insult?! I try headphones but I can't get the music to play loud enough! I think I actually heard my nerve ending screaming in agony.

Mary Murphy's voice is pure torture! She is one of the judges on this show, and in within 5 minutes not only made it on my list of least favorite people, but then quickly jumped to number one. Here is my current list:

1. Mary Murphy-for her unbelievable ability to annoy and produce suicidal thoughts.







1. Satan-for continuous attempts to destroy my soul.







3. Hillary Clinton- (was previously #2 until she lost the nomination) for being the servant of #2.











4. James Carville-listen to him speak and you will know why.











5. Rodney Dangerfield-for being crude, extremely annoying, and duping people into thinking he was funny.









There is a new rule in our house. When Mary Murphy speaks, she must be muted at all time lest I ram my head through the TV. (Try watching it...I'm not really exaggerating).

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Annie, I love watching "So You Think You Can Dance" too. Great show. But Rob, I am with you. I don't like Mary Murphy's screaming. I love the way you write. It makes me laugh!

Melinda (Strong)

Laura said...

agreed. i watched about 2 seconds at my in-laws and had to leave the room.

)en said...

I hear you Rob. It is shrill and grating.

What if Melinda's last name wasn't Strong and she was just putting one of her qualities in parentheses?

-Jen (Awesome)

Anonymous said...

I sooooo agree with you - especially about James Carville! Two words out of that man's mouth and I swear blood will shoot out of my eyes!!! And his wife seems so normal - how does that work? Speaking of marrying the odd and bizarre, is Mary Murphy married? Who could put up with that mouth?
I think the only person compatible with her would be Richard Simmons...and I believe he's available...does he dance?
Grandma M.

Anonymous said...

Rob i think that my mom said it best: mary and richard need to hook up. Then they can each have a little taste of the sickness they spew! i am an avid viewer however and don't know why ann and i have never talked ???? like a dear friend once told me, "Comfort is like the trick candles on my birthday cake, she just keeps comming back!!" Let's all cross our fingers that she will finally blow out!!!!

Rob said...

(whimper) It is so sad that when you said the quote about comfort, I knew you were talking about a contestant on the show. Only Military channel and ESPN in our house from now on!

Alisa Larson said...

Couldn't agree more with number one and number three! Oh, and I just have to say I LOVE your little girls red, curly hair! Say hello to Annie for me!