I have to admit, much to Annie's dismay, I am not a huge fan of the whole pick your own produce farms. This is a total scam. How good are these berries that it's worth it for me to drive an hour and do the manual labor myself? Are they uber cheap? Do they cover my back problems from bending over to pick up these berries? These farmers are geniuses! They increase the returns by cutting out the middle man, manual labor, and transportation costs to convenient points of sale, and they some how have convinced us that this is better.
I do think the kids would love it, but I make it a point to never go out of my way just to make my kids happy. If they're happy doing what I want to do, GREAT! If not...go bug someone else! You know what I mean? Why bend over backwards so your kids can have "fun?" I'll tell them what "fun" is, and it's 12 hours of college football on Saturday.
P.S. If you are appalled, please re-read with an extreme sarcastic tone. (just the last paragraph, I was totally serious about the farms)
9 months ago
14 comments:
Rob, I am appalled! (But mostly just because you said the word "uber".)
Ok, but really, the incentive behind going to the farm and actually picking the fruit yourself is that you get the exact berries you want. You don't have to buy a carton of strawberries, for instance, and throw half of them away because they are either not ripe enough or too ripe, or moldy, etc. etc.
And if it happens to help out the farmers of the world in the process, for sure I am all for it. My love for farmers knows no end.
No wonder you live in New York City! If there were farmers around your marriage may be in jeopardy. Or did you mean, philia "love" , or maybe even agape?
rob-just give in! you will love it! too bad about the hour drive though...we can drive 3 miles down the road and pick them :)
Annie, help. Why does Rob think I live in New York City?
whoops! I was thinking of my cousin Jen! My bad.
pretty lame, huh? i love picking my own stuff, delicious and fresh is what i say, and actually it is cheaper. here's the thing, there are actually close places to pick, maybe 10 minutes tops, certainly no hour drive. and i'm sorry you have such an uncommon name, rob sees jennifer, and assumes it could only possibly be one person. to apologize for the flub, this link's for you.(quite possibly the longest link ever) http://www.hulu.com/watch/28140/last-comic-
standing-sean-cullen---finalist-performance
this post is perfect except for the disclaimer at the end.
yes, i am not that jennifer because i fully support the use of "uber."
p.s. i love picking fruit, of any kind. i'd love to own a giant orchard and spend my days up in a tree.
Annie, wow. I have been touched tonight and I have you to thank.
I wonder if the sheet music for the song is available. I will look into this.
I agree with Jen Mo about the disclaimer.
When are you going to stop explaining to the world that you are sarcastic.......pretty much all the time?
If they don't get your humor, they can just stop reading. Although, I DID enjoy re-reading the last paragraph in my mind with an "uber" sarcastic voice.
Do you know how many new reader I accumulate every day?! I don't want to TOTALLY blow their minds.
OK, no more disclaimers. Readers be prepared to laugh a little, or cry a lot at the indifference of my generation (if you don't get it).
question-who selected the music for your blog? i love all of them! the strokes are one of my current favs. good work rob and annie!
hey al, rob is apparently too modest to claim the songs. he picked them out. good taste, no? i don't know how to type that sentence, maybe it should be two. good taste. no?, i don't know. i do know that the strokes are great listening tunes though.
Post a Comment