Winter day 52. Have not seen sun for many days. Moral is low and the crew is growing restless. We venture out for provisions from time to time, but movements and activities are generally restricted. Only 3 months left until the first signs of spring. My mind may be lost by that time. Difficult to rouse myself in the mornings, contemplating giving up the fight.
9 months ago
16 comments:
Don't do it Rob, don't...do it. I know this is a guise for not wanting to get up at 5:30 to workout. You know I can't do it without you. I neeeed you.
I hear ya! I am freezing my butt off here. I thought Ohio was grey, but this stinks. We need to meet up one of these days! marci
As I step off the porch the grass rises up to greet me, surrounding and embracing my bare feet; I sqeeze my toes and feel the promise of a pleasant evening. The citrus tree beckons and I reach up to pluck its offering: a perfect navel. Like a true native, I bite into the top to begin the peel, and an explosion of bitter tang consumes my mouth. I rip off chuncks of peel and toss them on the grass - the contrast of green and orange so vivid it blinds. I tear the round to halves...then to one section...then lose myself in the sweetness only Mother Nature can produce...
[ I like to strike when your down - kinda makes ya want to come home, huh?! ]
Love, Grandma M.
You guys should come down here, it was near or at 80 degrees all week! Oh, GO GATORS!
i read this amidst a snow storm outside. i just turned the heat up. and about 5 minutes ago, i noticed that there was frost forming on the INSIDE of my front door.
Ha ha! Your Grandma M. is funny!
Grandma M.-
You're mean.
Not mean...just making certain you will not be lured away from Arizona by tulips and lilac festivals :)
Hey Danielle, what's up with kicking us off your blog? Just kiddin', but will you invite us, if you still like us?
I hear ya about hard winter weather! Today it was a chilly 60 degrees in the morning! I actually had to turn the heater on in my car!! (but now it's like 75 and I want to put on shorts...) Grandma M is right the oranges are delicious. I'll eat one for you guys. Keep up the fight Rob!
-Scott
That was almost as bad as the picture of the back yard that our crazy mom sent me......rude!
No Rob, don't fall asleepNooooooo!!!
good crap. I just looked at your weather.com. 9 degrees, feels like -12. SICK.
It is days like these that i wish i had a ski mask... although, when is there ever NOT a day like that..
For the first few seconds out the door you feel like, "hey, -12 isn't so bad," and then your ear lobe falls off.
LOL Grandma M. is hilarious!
I feel like you were forecasting my feelings from next winter when we'll be in Alaska!
Reminds me of Friday when I went to gas up my car and tried popping the gas lid...it was frozen shut and I had to take my car home to chisel the ice out from around the gas lid so it would open!
FUNNY!!!!!
Rob this is your cousin Kristi! How's it going? We too are suffering from cabin fever and can't wait for spring! It can't come soon enough! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment