Most of you know I am anti-commercials. I used to be a classic guy channel flipper, but now with DVR, I just record all the shows and fast forward through them. However, there are a few commercials that sneak into our home, and there are even a few I like. I think advertising would be a crazy hard job, but usually I see a commercial and think, "Really? That's the best you could come up with? This is your entire profession and that's your best pitch?" Or something like, "Someone paid you for that idea? More importantly, someone heard that idea and thought it was a good one?" But here a few that get my stamp of approval, mostly because they make me laugh every time I see them. So much so, that as I see them fast forwarding by, I will often rewind to watch them. Even though I get no kickbacks for such publicity, I fully suspect these products or services will begin flying off their proverbial shelves.
Now, I usually think talking babies are a cop out, but these guys somehow did it right.
I'm not sure if it's the idea, or the acting, but this one cracks me up.
This is a little disturbing at first, but it grows funnier as you watch it.
If all else fails and you have no ideas, just put Will Ferrell in front of the camera and let him loose! This is all eight of his Old Spice commercials, it may be annoying, but I think it's hilarious.
I just realized watching all these back that if I had a funny idea, and I do all the time, these are all right up my humor alley. No wonder these guys are smart/funny/famous!
9 months ago
6 comments:
pretty funny!
Hey, I think the Berries and Cream guy just moved in our ward....
Will Ferrell should do all commercials.
OK, I admit it, I just read your comment and watched all 8 Will Ferrell commercials again. I love the 300 gallons one. I often randomly make the cauterize your sweat glands shut sound around the house and then laugh to myself. This is one of the millions of reasons why Annie loves me, and will never leave me.
Who wouldn't love a man so sure of himself.
haha
Post a Comment