This is a picture catch up! Right after our New York City Trip we went camping in beautiful Watkins Glen at the Southern tip of Seneca Lake, one of the nearby finger lakes. It was so crazy beautiful, these pictures don't even do it justice. We left on Memorial Day and stopped off at Taughannock falls (the highest falls East of the Rockies) near Cayuga Lake. We camped near Watkins Glen and hiked it the next day. There almost no one there, and we took our time meandering through the ravines. Partly to soak up the beaut
y, and mostly because we were carrying the kids in our backpacks, and there are a ton of stairs. After Roen woke up 1,000 times and I slept with him in my arms all night, we elected to come home a day early. So our streak continues, Halle has been the awesomest camp sleeper ever, and Roen is making a run for the worst. For more pictures of Watkins Glen click here.
A couple weeks later we took a little walk on a Saturday at Corbett's Glen, right here in Rochester. It's the weirdest thing to have these beautiful places so close, right in the middle of freeways and railroads. Here you have to fight back the forest, and in Arizona you have to make your yard your hobby!
9 months ago
2 comments:
I needed a little pick-me-up, and was inspired by Roen, so I went out back looking for a puddle. Since it NEVER rains in Arizona, I decided to make a puddle with the hose. At the first sign of a running hose, Brutus, our 150 lbs. English Mastif came bounding and decided to jump in my puddle for me. This really did nothing to pick-me-up...and now I have to do laundry. Maybe I'll just watch Oprah and eat some ice cream.
and who shall i blame for the title of this here post?
that said, so so pretty. I need to get me to some of those finger lakes.
Post a Comment