October 23, 2009

Drumroll....

Well, we had our ultrasound last week and...

It's another boy!

We were surprised, we thought for sure it was a girl. He broke the ultrasound rules too. We were told by our Doctor in Ohio that 90% of the time girls will have their hands by their head in ultrasounds, and boys will have their hands down...er...there. We got some great views of his profile and everything looks great.

We took Halle with us, she thought it was pretty exciting until they spent 30 minutes trying to get a four chamber heart view. Finally they got to the fun part. Halle was pretty bummed, She said, "I thought I would have a sister." I hope she does someday. But this way the boys will be close together and be able to be buddies, and more likely, reek havoc together. Roen can teach him early how to open the fridge, and stick his hands in the yogurt, or how to best fit the maximum number of objects in the VCR. Hopefully he is as tough as Roen, because he is for sure going to get tackled by him. I have taught him nothing, and he is a freaking natural at it! He thinks the last 10 minutes of Nursery are his practice time (I don't like having the rough kid, but when you see his perfect form, you gotta be a little proud).

So we are thinking of names...

Duece, since it's our second boy.
Tre, since it's our third kid.

That's all the ideas we have for now.

We are taking suggestions, but I warn you, the impersonal nature of blogging may reduce my belittling inhibitory mechanisms (which are pretty weak anyway) if you suggest something I deem beat-down worthy, like Knowledge Devine.

14 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

I'm only saying this because I know you would have pointed it out to me. ........
If someone wants to make fun of 'Duece', it's not going to be hard to change it to 'Douche'. Or maybe some kid (Roen?) will have a lisp and call him that without even trying.!! Eventually he's going to find out what it means.
Tre is cute! Although I'd probably call you a copycat. Just kidding. We named our third kid Treyson -- third son.

The Gardner Gang said...

....By the way, congrats! If your boys are anything like mine together, ummm, good luck.

Heather said...

Working with Kids I have come across some weird names or normal names spelled so random that it doesn't make since...

Pedaling said...

yay- boys are soooo much easier- maybe not on the house and electronics, but definitely on the parents! so Yay!

names---how about Ted after annies big friendly uncle....

or let's see....hmmm-

palin (yes, as in sarah)
rock
dude
guy
reegan (pronounced how it's spelled with a long e sound)
mitch
duke
toby

there- that ought to give you something to have a little fun with.

i dare you to pick one---
i totally would!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I'm not game for duece or tre....let me know my other options! :) Congrats!

Bonnie said...

Lilliana puts her hands in the yogurt too, so it's not just a boy thing. We are so happy for you! How about if you name him Madmartigan. (Seriously the coolest character of all time, and have you ever met another Madmartigan? He would be awsome.)

Rob said...

Sheila- I am a staunch conservative, but naming my kid Palin is a stretch.

Bonnie (or kimball)- Best suggestion so far! Only diminished by Val Kilmer being a "Duece".

Pedaling said...

oh, you big chicken!

k- let's combine names:

ro
nie

ronie (that's different & you like different) or
ronnie
or we could switch the order:

niero---uhm,,,never mind on that one.

Grandma M. said...

Let's see....I do remember Roen chucking food in San Diego, so how about Chuckster -
But if you really want a cornucopia of name choices, do some indexing! I have come to the conclusion that if you were given a weird name, you'll eventually land in jail [did several batches from a prison in Penn. - amazingly odd names! ] Soooo, best be careful with the naming thing, I'm just say'n :)

Rob said...

I actually just heard of a study where women who were named after Gems or alcohol were more likely to be victims of domestic abuse.

Obviously is tainted by names common in low socio-economic status women, but still interesting.

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Congrats on the boy! Brothers are awesome! I am too much of a traditionalist when it comes to names, so, I'm excited to hear what you choose.

)en said...

suggestions:

Miles
Wyatt
James--family name of coolness. Jamie is a cute little nickname for a boy too, though girly. but still cute.
Roger. I just like it. It's nerdy cool.
Everett. Ever is cool.
Lochlain. it's weird, but cool. kind of.

and finally...

actually, nevermind. I was going to combine your names but all i get is Robbie (drr) and Annrob (drr). Or maybe.. Robann? for a girl though.

also, everyone keeps spelling Deuce wrong, and it's bugging me. <-- yeah, i have a lot of friends.

Rob said...

Jen...wow, have we had this conversation?

James and Wyatt are on the top of our list. The other suggestions... not so much, but still kudos. Cool minds think alike.

)en said...

really? crazy town. we must be cousins or something.