June 30, 2010

Reflection on A Few Numbers

12: Years since I graduated high school.
2: years on mission. 10...YES TEN!:Years in school.
8: years of marriage.
3: States we lived in, Utah, Ohio, New York.
3: Children we had during this time.
4: Years of college, 4 dental school, 2 specialty training.
5: Entrance/Board exams that success was necessary to go further.
846,325: number of test questions I have had to answer during that time.
$xxx,xxx: how much it all cost me!
??  Number of friends we made along the way. We were lucky enough to lose count!
? Beautiful places we visited, and great memories made.
2,254: miles to drive from NY to AZ.
37: Hours google maps said it would take me.
32: hours it actually took me. (speeding may or may not have been involved).
10: number of states I drove accross ( Oklahoma...very pretty. New Mexico...very ugly)
111: degrees when I got into Mesa.
26 days until I start my new job
1000 things I have to do on our new house before then!

It's be a great (and long) road. But here we are! Back in the heat, but back with family. We love our new house (we went swimming in our pool yesterday!) and looking forward to making new friends and memories here in AZ.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

You moved back to Mesa? Awesome! We'll have to get together sometime!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

That is so awesome! So glad you made is safely back to Arizona. I love AZ and I am so jealous you have a pool!

Good luck with work!
Did you really answer that many test questions?! Yikes!

Glad we got to be friends with you too!

Laura said...

I knew you were speeding!!

Amy Martinsen said...

Did you go to the "Rick Martinsen School of Driving"?

goofy feet said...

Yeah! Glad to have you back.
Even though I haven't come to see you yet.

The Gardner Gang said...

Yay! Welcome back!!

Haley said...

Miss you guys! Post pics when you're settled.

Keri said...

So jealous you are back in Mesa! So happy for you guys that you are done with all that school.