August 1, 2010

We were there, but now we're here!

Goodbye Rochester! We miss you! It already feels like months and months ago that we loaded up the last of our moving truck, slapped on some deodorant, threw on our dress clothes, and raced to Rob's graduation. (Congratulations by the way! It took a LOT of years, and a LOT of hard work, but he always, or nearly always did it with a smile and a great attitude. Now he finally gets to move on. . . . To more work!)

Thank goodness for Rob's mom, who came and helped us through packing, a long graduation ceremony, and an even longer airplane ride.


Three Cheers for Grandma Reta!!!

It was crazy busy, and probably a good thing too, or I would have been a blubbering baby saying goodbye to these amazing friends and their beautiful kiddos.



Now we're here in Mesa, loving life with our own bedroom and bathroom & especially loving having family around. We got here just in the nick of time to see Uncle Brad Lee leaving on his mission. He is so great, and we are really missing him.We've also been able to hang out with my big sister's fam a bit too. This is the first time we have lived by each other since we got married. It's awesome to be close. Ape the Great and her kids came swimming, while all the Dad's were off fishing, and we had tons of fun without them. Who needs em' anyway?The kids love the new house. I'm not sure if they love the designated "playroom", or the big empty living room (a.k.a. "somersault room) more. Either way, they must like not being piled on top of each other 24/7, because ever since we moved here, they have just played and played and played together.Cam's just growing like a little baby weed. Halle and Roen are so sweet to entertain him all day with their ever so gentle love and affection.
Only a month, and tons of changes, but things are finally settling into a routine. We are happy to finally be home!

9 comments:

Keri said...

Oh man, I am so jealous Annie! How fun to be so close to your families. You do have one fantastic mother-in-law, how nice of her to come help you with all of the super fun stuff!

Katie and Eric said...

Love the update! I looks like things are going great in Mesa. We miss you guys here in Rochester though.

Danielle said...

Yay! Glad you're back! Whereabouts are you?

Pedaling said...

Home again, home again,
doobadee doo...
or something like that.

uhm, I'm 45 now and us middle aged aunties cannot read dark blue backgrounds with black text very well.....just thought I'd say that.

The Heaps said...

OK first of all, your little girl is ADORABLE.
Second...glad you're back.

)en said...

Aww. Amazing. You're 3 for 3 on insane kid-cuteness. I miss you guys. You feel so far away even though we never saw you when you were in the NY. I'm still mad we couldn't come visit. Hugs to you.

Jodie said...

I can't believe how big Cam is!!! We miss you around here but I'm also happy you are home again. There's no place like home. Emmalee was just talking about Halle the other day and how much she wished they could have a play date. Glad things are going well!

Annie said...

Aaaw. Thanks guys. Who doesn't like compliments about their kids?

Jody- Miss you too. Say hi to Emily for me and for Halle.

Jen- I'm sorry you missed your chance. Nah, for reals we miss you too. Why more so now, I can't really say either.

CamilleJohnFam said...

I'm glad you are enjoying being close to your family. You always thought you'd end up there! The kids are so cute! Isn't it fun having them play nicely?