August 25, 2010

Kindygarten

Kindergarten?!? What??!!! Halle's first day of Kindergarten was probably like that of most other first timers, but it was a BIG day for us! After school I asked Halle if she had been nervous, to which she replied, "No, I was toooo excited!" And she was, even without the missing pink leggings. (A near tragedy.)


So, here's to many more great "first days", for years to come!


Roen, on the other hand, was none too happy about this situation. Although, after the initial shock, he and I have been secretly having lots of fun while Halle is off at school.
This one I really included for the cute little girl pushing up her glasses in the background. Priceless.
This is where I bizarrely swallowed a fly or something, because one second I'm walking around healthy as can be, and the next moment my eyes are watering, and I have something lodged in my throat. I mean seriously, doesn't it feel like the first day of kindergarten is the first day of real life? It all starts here, and there's no going back.


She was so excited, and had a great time. She looks forward to going to school every day, and I look forward to her coming home.

11 comments:

Pedaling said...

very sweet.

and the little girl pushing up her glasses...yes, priceless.

those first day's kinda have a way of bringing on a "cold"....so i've heard.

she's a doll- you should take her first day of school pic in front of the same door every year...

The Heaps said...

Well if it's any consolation she is an absolutely adorable kindergartner.

Keri said...

She is so cute! Sandee said she saw you and that your daughter was SO cute.

Amy Martinsen said...

It won't help the "cold" issue by saying that before you know it she'll be in jr. high and you'll be driving car pools and listening to music you never thought you would and wondering what the heck happened...just drink in these times, they're gone in a blink.
And the little girl pushing up her sun glasses...didn't I see her on "Hope Floats"? She and Halle should be friends.
Grade School...it's the best!!!!

goofy feet said...

i love how she poses for pictures! so grandma heap! i bet her teacher loves her!

CamilleJohnFam said...

Wow-Fun times! Hard to believe she is kindergarten. She would have missed the deadline here. It is Jul 31. Sam being an October birthdya boy missed it by a few months but I think it will be good to wait a bit!

Jodie said...

Wow! Halle is a doll and Emmalee really misses her. Em doesn't start until September 8 and I'm already feeling the fly in my throat. I think you're right, this is the first day of "real life" for our kiddos, and for us. It is happening too fast!

)en said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

seriously. i can't. so so cute. love the long locks.

hez said...

So exciting! I hope you are enjoying your new life in Arizona. We miss you guys.

Kellie said...

Oh she looks so cute! I can't believe how fast they grow!

Haley said...

Precious Kids starts up on Monday and we already miss Halle!! She is one rockin' kindergartner. Those sunglasses . . . she looks like a diva. :)