My Sister April once likened a two year old to the line from a Tale of Two Cities, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Roen is quite a dichotomy of characters. Sweet as any kid could be, but more mischievous then you would ever suspect. Rob calls him Disaster Boy, and almost daily comments on what a sweet boy he is when he's not being a "butt-face." Here's a taste of some of his frustrating feats and his cuteness.
He is truly FULL of energy, as in filled to the brim, bursting at the seams, full. From the moment he wakes up until the moment he hits the wall. But he still LOVES to nap. He'll ask for it! "Mommy, I go home, take a nap now."
Try to deprive him of a nap, and he'll just crash on the couch.
He gets put in time out A LOT these days. Usually involving making messes. We left him with a partially set table one night, and ended up with ALL the pepper and jam spread over the table. I would have never even thought it was even a possibility.
Roen loves to get wet. He can empty a water spray bottle before I can blink an eye, sniff out anything that might remotely be classified as a puddle from a mile away, and sense that the refrigerator water spout is not locked the 1 in 10 times I forget to lock it. However, he is very skiddish about the backyard pool. I guess as long as I'm finally discovering one little fear in this boy, the pool is not such a bad thing to be afraid of.
He'll throw a huge fit if you take his toy, but if you ask him nicely he almost always shares it with you.
He'll stick his face in a mud puddle and try to drink it, but gets upset when his hands get messy at dinner. (Seriously, any puddle. He will try to drink right out of it).
He is awesome at going down for bed and for his nap. Not so awesome at sleeping until the sun is up. He'll bop his brother on the head with a block, but come sit by him to comfort him when he's crying.
If it's quiet, you had better go look for him! He is either escaping down the street, throwing dirt clods at the side of the house or peacefully reading books in the playroom, or cuddling his little brother (maybe too hard, but with genuine love).
7 comments:
that muddle puddle picture is great and the one of him in time out is just plan sad. he is a cutie for sur!
Yep, sounds about right! You guys have such a cute family.
I adore this post! What a great thing this will be to remember how he was when he's all growed up. He's a doll and reminds me a lot of my Hayden! Love it.
Toys in the crib!?!? I hate that one, especially if you just organized the toys! He does look so sweet, and those eyes are to die for. Aren't little boys fun?
What a sweet little guy!
What a cute, cute boy!
Hey, I was just thinking about you, Annie. Are you back in AZ? If so, it would be fun to get together! Email me sometime . . . mellypugh@yahoo.com.
That puddle pictures is hilarious. Little boys rock.
Post a Comment