October 18, 2010

Stupid Names (it happens here too)

I thought it might be just in New York, but 2250 miles to the West, parents hate their kids here too. OK, they probably don't hate them, but they sure don't think about what will happen if they name their kid something ridiculous. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's not a lot of thinking going on.

A couple months ago, I had this little guy come in.

Deluxe...Jr. Yup, Dad's name was Deluxe as well. I think they may like fast food.

Marijuana (Mary zshoo ah nah). I have no words to describe this.

And the best, by far is this Gem who cam in last Friday.

D'Las.

Our front office staff, confused as to the pronunciation asked him how it was pronounced. "Dallas?" They asked.

"No, no."  Dad says. "It's like 'the last' because he was going to be our last kid." (they had younger twins).

I'll just let that stand on it's own. I don't think any additional commentary on part could possible add to that. I couldn't make this stuff up!

Hopefully, these brightened your day, and made you feel better about yourself, your parenting, and your intelligence.

8 comments:

Pedaling said...

Did you ever hear of the Head's who grew up in Mesa?
Coco Head and Panda Head???
No lie!

Danielle said...

This just cracks me up. Did I ever tell you about the girl I knew named Chewbacca? She was in the class across the hall my 1st year teaching. Apparently it was her dad that named her, and after her parents got divorced they were going to change her name. Poor girl.

Ashley said...

Agreed! I feel like the world's best mom after reading this.

Rob said...

Well, your kids middle name IS Summertime. Just kidding, I love that name. Super cute, even more so since it seems to fit her so well.

Amy Martinsen said...

Have you any idea how I look forward to your stuuuupid name entries???! I get so much mental mileage off of them throughout the day....and yes, I DO feel a heady sense of power and control knowing I have NOT named my children stupidly :)

Ashley said...

But Summertime IS cute. :D There's a line between cute, clever, and still recognizable and totally and completely bizarre. And plus, it's her middle name. Parents almost have free reign on middle names. Almost.

Ashley said...

Oh, p.s. I forgot to mention that after Anna was blessed, a man from our ward took us aside and talked to us about what a hippie name we had given our daughter. Love it.

goofy feet said...

these never get old!