January 18, 2011

I would do anything for love...but I won't do that.

If things were really bad and I lost my job and couldn't work as a dentist anymore, I would do pretty much anything to provide for my family. I would work at the dump, I would clean sewers, I would work the drive through, I would work in a coal mine, clean toilets, shovel manure, be a truck driver, and any of the dirty jobs featured by Mike Rowe. I would even work with wasps or bees, which if you know me, is saying something.

 I would do nearly anything to keep my wife and children fed, clothed, and sheltered. But I really don't think I would ever be able to bring myself to work at

Hot Dog on a Stick
Seeing them dressed in these ridiculous outfits at the mall on Saturday I thought to myself..."I finally get what Meatloaf was talking about."

5 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Ha ha! Nice Rob. Nice to know the fashionista in you (which I remember from being your style advisor back in high school) is still around. I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of the Hot Dog on a Stick employee because WE were just at the mall on Saturday as well (what time were you there?) and I was watching the girl who was all alone, behind the counter of H.D.O.A.S., smashing citrus for their homemade beverages. This poor girl was struggling with that task, by herself, and in a ridiculous hat. So sad!

Keri said...

Can I just tell you that Shaun and I were both cracking up at this one. I can always count on your posts to give me a good laugh.

Rob said...

I was at superstition springs mall while my car was getting fixed. I took Roen for a guys day out and it took a LONG time, from 12-3:30. I had this thought while riding the carousel with him which is right next to their shop. Poor kids, they must have been rejected by every other fast food and retail store in the entire mall.

Jodie said...

It's the hat. I could almost handle having to wear the shirt but that hat. YIKES!

Amy Martinsen said...

Well, I for one think you would look fabuloso in that spiffy outfit. In fact, I'm getting some ideas for next year's Christmas Eve Pj's.....