I was just reading through some old posts and was wondering why I'm not so funny any more? I don't know if I'm actually not funny, but I don't think about weird quirky things as much. Or when I do I don't post them on the blog. It may have something to do with getting older, but I don't want it to be that.
It may not be getting older but just being grown up (Something I lament frequently). I used to think about what super power I would want, now I think about my to do list.
I think about work, and why that Mom missed her appointment today, I'm worried about that kid I know needs treatment ASAP.
I think about re-balancing my IRA! (totally satisfying, did that today).
I think about my sick kids, and hope they sleep all night, and we do too.
I think about paying off student loans, and saving more, and how I could use more money (couldn't we all?!)
I think about exercise and eating right a lot! It definitely takes more effort to be healthy than to not. Not just physical effort, but lots of planning. I've got to charge my Garmin and get my podcasts updated, and fill up my fuel belt. And I have 900 calories left to eat today, and how to you calculate how much is in a Tia Rosa's beef burrito?
I have yard work, and bills, and church meetings, and dry wall holes to fill, and vomit to clean up, and kids to tickle, and homework to help with, and patients to see, and football to watch, and miles to run, and scriptures to read, and research articles to read, and sleep to have, and A/C filters to change, and cars to wash, and pool filters that don't work, and.........
I'm thinking of a super power I would like to have. It's just not the one I used to want.
9 months ago
4 comments:
I love all your entries, but usually don't comment. This one was especially insightful and moving to me. Thanks! Mom
Aaaah, welcome to the land of responsibility....come on in...it's a great place. Although you have many, many things to do that never end, [nice list, by the way] you get to see the best reward you'll ever have: the look in your child's eyes when they know they can trust you to take care of them. That, my darling son-in-law, is being a super-hero! And if you're funny from time to time, well, that's just icing on the cake :) Love you!
I'm sure your still funny. Because if you're not funny anymore due to getting older, then that means MY hilarious-ness is gone as well. And that's just not something I'm willing to accept.
Oh, I'm still hilarious!...maybe... at least I make Annie laugh sometimes.
It's the random, goofy thoughts that don't come to the forefront so often anymore. It's still there, but as soon as it starts to formulate something silly somebody needs to be put in time out or something.
I don't want anyone to think I'm complaining! Life is good!
Post a Comment