I have twice posted on some weird names I have come across in my time working here in Rochester. Since then, I have heard some that are SO great, I just can't help but post on this a third time. After hearing these, I am not ruling out the possibility that you may get more of these posts as time goes on. I didn't see all of these patients myself, but have gathered these stories from reliable sources. You may think these are made up, but based on my experience, this is actually possible. Unthinkable for normal people like you and I, but the more I work here, the more I think us "normal" people might be a minority. Anyway, here it is.
Twins girls came to see our hygienist a while back named London, and England! They must love the brits!
This one is better if you hear it then see it.
Feem-ah-lee
Can you guess what it is?
Female! What the? Did they look at the hospital discharge forms and think that is what the hospital had named their little girl. Gosh, I hope it was a little girl.
There are two families that come in often, one has named all their children after gems. Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire, etc. There are others, but I never met them. Not crazy, but definitely cheesy.
Another family had named all their children after fine wines. I had to have this pointed out to me as I am not super familiar with alcoholic drinks. They were named Chianti, Chardonnay, Syrah. I have to say if you're going to do something weird these names are not too shabby.
I have saved the best for last. This, I am sure, will never be topped. You won't believe it, because any rational, sane person of normal cognitive ability or compassion for their children would never do this...and yet, it has happened.
Twins named...
Oranjello and Lemonjello.
I don't know how to spell it for the phonetics but I guess it would be something like Oh-ron-jello and L'mawn-jello where the J is more like a french pronunciation, like Jacque. We do not know the thought process behind these names. Maybe it was what she craved during pregnancy, maybe it was her favorite treat in the hospital after they were born. Maybe she was under duress and coerced into filling out the birth certificate before she knew what she wanted to name them and this is what was on the menu in the hospital that day. Whatever it was...thanks for the entertainment!
9 months ago
8 comments:
That's pretty ridiculous! Amazing what one will stoop to...or rather what the norm is. That's hilarious!
That's awesome, now I know where to come when we need baby name ideas!
I have totally heard about Oranjello & Lemonjello before. I thought it was a myth--you actually saw these people?? Amazing.
Actually, no, I didn't see them. Our Hygienist saw them before she came to work for us. I don't doubt her, but I'm surprised you have heard of this before! Could there actually be more than one person who named their kids after jello?
I've heard the Oranjello and Lemonjello names before too- maybe they're the real kids the legend is made from?
We are always looking for "unique" names, but these ones take the cake.
But, hey, Jello does taste really good and is fun to play with
Distant relative of mine is a schoolteacher. Is calling out the roll of her new class on the first day of school one year. Sees a name and decides to skip it. Goes through the rest of the roll. Gets done: "Is there anyone whose name I didn't call?" Boy raises hand. "Honey, what does your mama call you?" Boy responds innocently: "Shah-THEED."
And guess how it's spelled.
S-H-I...
Doesn't the hospital have some say before they issue the birth certificate? "If the name is spelled the same as a vulgarity, you have to change the spelling." Spankers get turned in for abuse, but they let someone give a child a name like that?
Maybe I shouldn't be laughing... but I am.
Post a Comment